Monday, July 14, 2008

Missed It By That Much

A little over a week ago we received an e-mail from Buckner telling us that our application had been received and that everything looked good, except for the fact that our application was missing all of the even numbered pages. That was no big deal since it was their fault, not ours.

In the same e-mail we were invited to the seminar that is a major step in the process of being approved and put "in the book" (aka - being able to be chosen by a birth mother). We were pretty excited at the invite since attending a seminar so early in the process would allow us to be chosen much sooner. However, that excitement soon disappeared when we realized that the seminar was July 10-11. That just happened to be the same week we were at youth camp. Julie and I had to go because of Brady's departure, and there was no way to get out of camp.

So, instead of getting a major part of the process behind us, we now have to wait until September for the next seminar. Hopefully, our home study will be done by then, and the seminar will be the last thing.

In all, two months isn't that long of a wait, but it was a little frustrating to come so close only to have it not work out.

"God help me to be patient -- with myself, the agency, the process, and ultimately, You. Thank you for orchestrating things to where we had to go to youth camp. The relationships we built with the students were worth missing the seminar. Thank you for being in control. Please keep reminding me of your greatness and grace."

-- Bobby

3 comments:

Deep Thoughts by The Deitricks said...

Julie, I'm so glad we're blog friends now haha! I'm so sorry I couldn't respond to your IM on facebook last night--right when I was getting ready to, Hannah decided to start fussing! Anyway, I'm glad you like my blog and I love yours too--I added a link to you on mine.

Melodie said...

JULIE! i know you!! congratulations on the upcoming adoption. such a fun adventure and such a BLESSING! we used a local agency called Deaconess, but then Holden ended up coming to us through a different local agency - Christian Services of Oklahoma. long story that i won't bother going into. my cousin was adopted from Buckner's 29 years ago!! and his uncle is now the president of Buckner's, so i am somewhat familiar. and SOOOOO excited for you guys! i will keep logging in to stay posted.

Melodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.